Services and Supplies
Millhopper Veterinary Medical Center is a full-service wellness practice and diagnostic & surgery center and offers excellence in providing a wide range of services.
We provide comprehensive annual wellness programs, advanced and routine surgical and dental procedures, cardiology, alternative medicine and nutraceutical therapies, ultrasound diagnostics, the latest and safest anesthetics and delivery systems with comprehensive anesthesia monitoring equipment for every patient, and an in-house diagnostic laboratory with the latest and most modern equipment. We are one of few area hospitals offering state-of-the-art radio and laser surgery which reduces post-operative pain and usually leads to a quicker recovery.
Below is a detailed list of what we offer:
- Comprehensive annual wellness programs including examinations, immunizations, nutritional and behavioral counseling, and laboratory testing as needed.
- Canine, feline, avian, ferret, pocket pet, rabbit & exotic pet care.
- Board-certified specialists available in surgery, neurology, internal medicine, cardiology, ophthalmology and dermatology, and consultants in acupuncture and alternative medicine, and behavioral assessments and counseling.
- Gainesville Vets Millhopper Animal HospitalDiagnostic ultrasound and echocardiography services by Board-Certified Veterinary Radiologist and ultrasonographer allows for in-depth diagnostics of heart diseases and diseases of the abdominal organs and enhances a non-surgical method for biopsies of certain organs and conditions.
- Video-enhanced diagnostic endoscopy services available, including ear, urinary system and gastrointestinal studies and biopsy and foreign body retrieval. These procedures may help to avoid more invasive surgical procedures.
- Well-equipped in-house diagnostic laboratory including hematology, serum chemistries, cytology (cell studies), bacteriology and parasitology.
- Comprehensive surgical services including routine spays and neuters, oncologic (cancer) surgery, plastic & reconstructive surgery, ophthalmic surgery, dental and oral surgery, orthopedic surgery, genitourinary surgery and a wide range of other procedures.
- We are one of few area hospitals offering laser surgery which reduces post-operative pain and intra-operative bleeding considerably, creates less swelling and usually leads to a quicker recovery from surgical procedures. This state-of-the-art technology is available to our patients on elective surgeries and is applied to any procedure which will benefit from it over the traditional scalpel method. (More about pet laser surgery).
- Medical services include comprehensive diagnostics, cardiology, x-ray studies, cancer therapy (chemotherapy, surgical removal, nutritional support and radiotherapy referrals arranged), geriatric life-stage management, pain management and other pertinent support services.
- Digital Radiography with computed radiography allows us several options that traditional film does not. The x-ray image is scanned directly into a computer. We can use software to enhance the digital image to aid diagnosis. We can also easily send the image to a specialist instantly if a consultation is required, or copy to a CD.
- Dental services including dental radiographs, routine prophylaxis (cleanings), gingival (gum) surgery, and exodontia (tooth extractions).
- Acupuncturist available for in-house or at-home consults or via referral. Acupuncture can help with pain relief and a wide range of diseases and disabilities.
- House-call and mobile services available for your convenience (by advance appointment only).
- Pet pick-up and delivery and supply delivery service usually available upon request at a nominal fee.
- Canine behavioral counseling and expert trainer available for routine puppy training or special problem resolution.
- Pet food supplies and premium nutrition products available, including Harrison's bird foods, Science Diet®, Hill's Prescription Diets®, and select specialty diets (all at reasonable prices).
- Flea control and other parasite control agents such as REVOLUTION™, SENTINEL™, HEARTGARD™, FRONTLINE Plus™, AND PREVENTIC™ collars for dogs; also we have COMFORTIS™ for dogs once-a-month oral flea controller, and TRIFEXIS™ for dogs (all at competitive and reasonable prices). Parasites such as roundworms, whipworms, tapeworms, and hookworms can cause unpleasant health problems for your cat or dog. To safely eliminate these parasites, we utilize Drontal® or Drontal® Plus for most medical dewormings.
- Feel free to ask us which product is most appropriate or best for your pet and your home situation.
- Supervised boarding for dogs, cats, birds and exotics. We have separate facilities for each species and offer daily love & exercise for every guest at no additional charge!! Go to Boarding Form.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Debit Cards, Checks, Cash, and CareCredit.