Services and Supplies
Millhopper Veterinary Medical Center is a full-service wellness practice and diagnostic & surgery center and offers excellence in providing a wide range of services.
We provide comprehensive annual wellness programs, advanced and routine surgical and dental procedures, cardiology, chiropractic, accupunture medicine and nutraceutical therapies, ultrasound and endoscopic procedures and diagnostics, the latest and safest anesthetics and delivery systems with comprehensive anesthesia monitoring equipment for every patient, and an in-house diagnostic laboratory with the latest and most modern equipment. We are one of few area hospitals offering state-of-the-art radio and laser surgery which reduces post-operative pain and usually leads to a quicker recovery.
Below is a detailed list of what we offer:
- Comprehensive annual wellness programs including examinations, vaccinations, nutritional and behavioral counseling, and laboratory testing as needed.
- Canine, feline, avian, ferret, pocket pet, rabbit & exotic pet care.
- Board-certified specialists available in surgery, neurology, internal medicine, cardiology, ophthalmology and dermatology, and consultants in acupuncture and alternative medicine, and behavioral assessments and counseling.
- Gainesville Vets Millhopper Animal HospitalDiagnostic ultrasound and echocardiography services by Board-Certified Veterinary Radiologist and ultrasonographer allows for in-depth diagnostics of heart diseases and diseases of the abdominal organs and enhances a non-surgical method for biopsies of certain organs and conditions.
- Video-enhanced diagnostic endoscopy services available, including ear, urinary system and gastrointestinal studies and biopsy and foreign body retrieval. These procedures may help to avoid more invasive surgical procedures.
- Well-equipped in-house diagnostic laboratory including hematology, serum chemistries, cytology (cell studies), bacteriology and parasitology.
- Comprehensive surgical services including routine spays and neuters, oncologic (cancer) surgery, plastic & reconstructive surgery, ophthalmic surgery, dental and oral surgery, orthopedic surgery, genitourinary surgery and a wide range of other procedures.
- We are one of few area hospitals offering Class IV Laser therapy and pain reduction laser surgery which reduces post-operative pain and intra-operative bleeding considerably, creates less swelling and usually leads to a quicker recovery from surgical procedures. This state-of-the-art technology is available to our patients on elective surgeries and is applied to any procedure which will benefit from it over the traditional scalpel method. (More about pet laser surgery).
- Medical services include comprehensive diagnostics, cardiology, x-ray studies, cancer therapy (chemotherapy, surgical removal, nutritional support and radiotherapy referrals arranged), geriatric life-stage management, pain management and other pertinent support services.
- Digital Radiography with ScanX computed radiography allows us several options that traditional film does not. The x-ray image is scanned directly into a computer. We can use software to enhance the digital image to aid diagnosis. We can also easily send the image to a specialist instantly if a consultation is required, or copy to a CD.
- Dental services including dental radiographs, routine prophylaxis (cleanings), gingival (gum) surgery, and exodontia (tooth extractions).
- Chiropractic and Acupuncture is available for in-house treatment. Both can help with pain relief and a wide range of diseases and disabilities.
- House-call and mobile services available for your convenience (by advance appointment only).
- Pet pick-up and delivery and supply delivery service usually available upon request at a nominal fee.
- Canine behavioral counseling and expert trainer available for routine puppy training or special problem resolution.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Debit Cards, Checks, Cash, and CareCredit.