What's worse than a sick pet? Three of them! Viruses and parasitic infections can quickly spread among your pets, making them feel miserable. Taking these preemptive steps when one of your furry f ...View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Posted on 06-06-2017
Pet Appreciation Week is officially June 4-10 this year, so our Gainesville veterinarian at Millhopper Veterinary Medical Center offers these eight fun and easy suggestions on how to celebrate this special week your cherished buddies.
1. Take your pet to a local shop and let them pick out a toy that draws their interest. You might want to get a few treats also to reward them after an exciting playtime with their newest ‘prize.’
2. Pamper your fur boss with a pampering spa day. A freshly cleaned coat, soothing brushing and a new hairdo will make your pet feel super appreciated.
3. Visit your Gainesville, FL veterinarian to get their vaccines updated. While they may not appreciate the vet visit itself, by protecting their health you’re showing them a lifetime of love and appreciation with these essential preventive measures.
4. Consider investing in pet health insurance. Because your pet won’t be aware of this protection you provide for them, you will want to follow a few other tips here, too.
5. Give your lonely pet the gift of companionship by adopting a sibling from a local rescue shelter that will bring two pets joy all year long.
6. Start a neighborhood play group for your pet and their favorite friends. Choose a fenced in back yard, an area pet park or another place that is suitable for your particular pet. They’ll love you even more after a fun outing with playmates.
7. Be sure to take time to cuddle and play with your pet every day beyond Pet Appreciation Week. After all, you mean the world to them!
Our caring veterinarian in Gainesville, FL can help you take care of your pet year round with preventive care, emergency services, flea and tick preventives, top-of -the-line surgical procedures, pet boarding and much more. Check out our patient specials and then call the Millhopper Veterinary Medical Center at 352-635-2206 to schedule your appointment today.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.